Arabic Teacher required for an immediate start or January 2020 start at Qatar Petroleum Schools based in Dukhan, in Qatar.
Are you an outstanding Arabic teacher? If so, we have a unique opportunity for a career-minded teacher to join one of our fast developing schools.
As the education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for an outstanding teacher who is eager to work for a global company, striving to be recognised as a world leader in the Oil and Gas Industry. As part of this strategy, QP places great emphasis on the contribution of every employee as well as recognising the need to ensure our young people receive a world-class education in order to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. At QP schools we support this vision by inspiring all our students to achieve success, health and happiness in the future.
Our schools are internationally focused, each educating approximately 1250 children from 3 to 18 years of age. The schools enjoy state-of-the-art purpose built premises that are well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant primary curriculum, which has the English National Curriculum at its heart. This is made more relevant to our international cohort by using “In The Moment Planning” (ITMP) along with our own Competence Framework, which ensures that our learners needs are best met.
We aspire to be a centre of excellence for Arabic and Islamic Studies. We teach Arabic and Islamic Studies to students from Nursery through to Sixth Form, following the requirements of Qatar’s Ministry of Education, and leading to iGCSEs in KS4 and A Levels in the Sixth Form.
We are seeking an excellent Arabic teacher. The ideal candidate will:
- Have up-to-date experience of teaching Arabic to native and non-native speakers to Primary aged students;
- Preferably be able to offer Islamic Studies and/or Qatar History (Ministry of Education curriculum) when required;
- Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students;
- Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching and learning;
- Ensure the students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment;
- Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning;
- Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children;
- Actively participate in and offer areas of staff CPD.
Dukhan - www.des.com.qa
Dukhan is a purpose built town on the West coast of Qatar that is populated by QP staff and their children. We are a community school that has been operating since 1954, offering a British style education to a wide variety of students.
The school has an amazing international ethos and is honoured to be at the centre of our Dukhan community, educating approximately
In return for your passion in ensuring a dynamic and high quality education, successful candidates will be employed by Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and excellent sporting and leisure facilities.
Please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, and should include the following information for VISA purposes.
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Your Nationality
- No of dependants
- If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband / Nationality of your children
- QTS Status
Please send your letter of application, your CV and a recent photograph to QP.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please call Penny Kontopyrghou on +44 (0)20 7259 8771 or +447595 968 600.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.