This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team at the Arbor School, an ecological school based on the National Curriculum for England, located in Al-Furjan, Dubai.
The Arbor School’s educational vision is embedded within its British curriculum and focuses on project-based, experiential and outdoor learning. Here children plan, collaborate, reflect and make meaningful changes to the world around them in a supportive school environment.
The school offers modern, adaptive facilities, six climate-controlled biodomes and learning gardens as key spaces to engage children in a deeper understanding of their ecology and environment.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Arbor School aims to foster a positive, caring and compassionate school environment, in which learners can shine in unique ways. Arbor students shall become innovative and capable leaders, with a strong set of ethical values, anchored by a deep sense of ecoliteracy, sustainability and environmental justice.
THE ARBOR PROMISE
Students at Arbor are expected to demonstrate hard work and effort in all that they do. They are proactive in their learning, resilient when faced with a challenge and collaborative in solving problems. Arbor students are exceptionally caring, with an acute sense of compassion for others. They are passionate about the world around us and act with integrity and ingenuity when striving for a sustainable future.
The Arbor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to CV and qualification checking, interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Required Candidate profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree or High Diploma in Arabic language and literature.
- Recognised teaching qualification.
- Very Good spoken English language.
- KHDA approval in teaching Arabic.
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience working in a school.
- An appreciation for environmental sustainability and of values-based education.
- A good sense of humour and excellent work ethic.
Summary of Role Responsibilities:
- Teaching students according to their educational needs and the school’s and KHDA’s Arabic curriculum, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student at school or elsewhere.
- Advising and working collaboratively with the Head of Arabic & Islamic Studies and others on the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements as appropriate.
- Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
All positions attract a generous remuneration package including a competitive salary, accommodation allowance, schooling for children, private medical insurance, annual airfares and end of contract gratuity as per UAE labour law.
To apply for this position please ensure the following documents are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the role specified in the email header:
• An up to date CV with a recent photograph to be included.
• A letter of application, no longer than two pages in length, which outlines your educational philosophy and suitability for a role at The Arbor School.
The Arbor School reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the termination of the advertisement date, so early applications are encouraged.
All appointments are subject to KHDA and Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation approval.