Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
Contract: Permanent, full-time, 37 hours per week.
Start: As soon as possible, but fully negotiable
Starting Salary: up to c£50,000 (Including Management Allowance), depending upon the applicant’s skills and experience.
Relocation: A relocation allowance may be available where the employee’s new home is reasonably close to the workplace and the former home is not.
John Leggott College is a successful (OFSTED Grade 2 ‘Good’) 16-19 Sixth Form College, located on a busy but pleasant site in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. The College is just ten minutes from the M180 which is fed directly from the M18 and then the M1 – you’d be able to commute here quite easily from most of the towns and conurbations in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, including Pontefract, Doncaster, Sheffield, Grimsby, Lincoln, and Hull. The college was confirmed as ‘Good’ in May 2018 and the Department for Education has affirmed we are also in solidly ‘Good’ financial health.
This is a vital appointment for our award-winning College. Reporting to a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the role will be to lead the Biology and Applied Sciences Area, including Geology (many Colleges would call this a ‘Faculty Head’), all highly popular subjects with our students and together representing a significant part of our College, including many gifted and talented students.
The main challenge in the role will be to maintain and continually improve the good results achieved in the Area. Evolution, not revolution, is what is needed – constantly looking for small improvements, better methods, and new techniques wherever we can find them, pushing an already-successful Area into truly outstanding practice. We are looking for someone who can work with pace and have a continual focus on student outcomes. We need someone who maintains team spirit and realises the very best from all their colleagues and staff. Our ideal leader will reward excellence, recognise where change is needed, and move forward in a supportive manner, always ensuring our students leave us with positive progression opportunities.
The role will suit:
- Anyone with a proven track record of outstanding teaching practice in a Biology-related subject
- Someone who can consistently deliver high value-added results and inspire, coach, and develop colleagues to do the same
- A teacher who is already successful at leading a team; OR a really effective mainscale teacher who can show the ability to drive, motivate, support, and lead the department to deliver outstanding results
In return, we offer:
- An exciting post in a successful and award-winning College serving local communities
- The opportunity to shape and develop an Area within the College that makes a real difference to the lives of young people
- The challenge and stimulation of working alongside dedicated educationalists, capable support service managers, and wonderful students
ASDTi’s team are available during the working day, in the evening, and at weekends to answer any questions you have and to help you make your application. If you’d like a tour of our fantastic college, or a chat with the SLT, subject to Lockdown requirements, of course, please contact ASDTi and they will try to arrange this.
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th February 2021 at 9am.
Interviews will probably be held during the following week.
John Leggott College has a strong commitment to Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subjected to enhanced checks by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
John Leggott College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years
John Leggott College is the best Sixth Form College in the region for students aged 16-19 offering a wide range of courses including A Levels and BTECs. We have a 99% A Level pass rate, with 50% of grades achieved being A*-B. Our students go on to a ...