Job title: Ark Soane Academy Head of Year
Location: Acton, London — a five-minute walk from Acton Town tube station
Contract: Full-time hours, permanent contract.
Start date: September 2021
Salary: Ark MPS / UPS plus TLR 1a
Closing date: 24th February 2021
Interviews: 26th February 2021
Opportunity for an exceptional candidate to be a founding Head of Year, shaping a new Ark secondary school in Ealing.
Ark Soane Academy is a new secondary school in Acton opening in September 2021 to year 7 initially and growing each year. Our aim is to transform children’s lives through an excellent education. Our teachers will be supported to uphold the very highest standards of behaviour through centralised systems, and to teach exceptional lessons through shared planning.
We are recruiting an exceptional candidate as Head of Year, to work in close partnership with the Principal and Senior Leadership Team to embed the school’s vision and develop an outstanding school that empowers our pupils to take responsibility and seize greatness.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the school. They will be supported in their development and preparation for Senior Leadership. We will provide one-to-one support, coaching and access to extensive network training.
Ark Soane Academy is part of Ark, one of the UK’s most successful school groups, with a network of 37 schools in 4 locations across the country.
As a proud member of the network, we offer:
• Twice as many training days as standard
• Weekly staff training designed to meet the needs of the school
• Coaching for every teacher
• Protected co-planning time
• Access to the high-quality, regular professional development
• Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across the network.
• Have an unwavering determination to deliver excellence for pupils from all starting points
• Share the Ark Soane beliefs, vision and mission and be aligned with the Ark six pillars underpinning it
• Be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations for every pupil in both academic achievement and personal development.
• Be committed to continually improving classroom practice and raising attainment.
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a positive, calm and purposeful climate for learning
• Display the vision to lead Character education and Enrichment after school
• Have the drive, skills and resilient character required to help build a new school
• Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching your subject
• Be reflective about the Academy and committed to securing its continued development
• Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
View a full job description and person specification here.
For more information about our school, please visit: www.arksoane.org. To arrange a confidential conversation with the Executive Principal about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process which will include questions about safeguarding. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Soane Academy
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years