Are you a qualified and experienced Art & Craft Teacher?
Do you have a few afternoons free in July?
Do you want to share your skills and passion for Art & Craft with international youngsters?
Join us at one of the top ranked residential summer schools in the UK. We offer a friendly, professional, rewarding environment and have part-time positions available from the beginning of July.
As part of the on-campus recreation programme, in addition to a range of sports, we offer specialist recreation activities on specified afternoons each week.
You would be expected to provide a structured session which can be enjoyed by our students (who may not necessarily have experienced the activity before). Art & Craft activities may range from teaching basic skills through maximising what the centre has to offer in terms of location, to integrating aspects of British culture and also the excursion destinations which students will be visiting during their stay.
Art & Craft budgets are pre-determined and materials supplied but there is a small proportion available to teachers to resource their own ideas.
At some centres this role may be combined with an Administrative Assistant role.
We take great care choosing our schools and we look at everything they have to offer from their location to the range of facilities:
- St Georges School, Ascot
- Epsom College
- St. John's School, Leatherhead
- Rugby School
- Sevenoaks School
We currently have positions for an Art & Craft Teacher at Ascot, Leatherhead and Sevenoaks.
Who You Are
- A qualified Art & Craft Teacher
- Experienced in running Art & Craft sessions for children and teens
- Creative, enthusiastic and reliable
- Able to sustain student interest and motivation in a safe and secure environment
- Live within commuting distance of one of our schools
Dates and Times
- Various start dates from 1 – 10 July (exact session dates depend on the activities programme at each centre
- An average of 2 afternoons per week, between 14.00 -16.15
- Sessions are 45 minutes with a 15-minute break between sessions
- Half an hour per afternoon (paid) is allocated to preparing for activities and tidying up afterwards
What Our Staff Say About Us
“The course is extremely well thought-out with the professionalism of the staff delivering a fun and challenging course that always exceeds the expectations of the students. I can’t speak highly enough of the company, they are an extremely good school to work for.” Kate -various centres 2011 – 2017
“TVSS gives you a chance to progress, experience responsibility and work to your strengths. I have really enjoyed seeing the students’ progress and I love the way that TVSS looks for new opportunities and encourages returning staff to get involved in those opportunities. I would not work for any other summer school” Lorraine – various centres 2014 – 2017
Excellent facilities, excellent staff and excellent kids! Would certainly love to be a part of another TVSS course in the future!" Paul - 2017
How To Apply
We appoint on a rolling basis so early applications are always encouraged.
The complete job description for the role of Specialist Recreation Teacher can be found on our website Thames Valley Summer Schools - click on Work for Us.
You can apply by completing the online application form on the Current Vacancies pages. We do not accept CVs unless accompanied by a completed application form. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
We conduct Skype interviews for these positions.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permit visa applications. Thank you for your understanding.
Our Commitment To Safeguarding
Thames Valley Summer Schools is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment:
- All references will be followed up
- Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18s
- Any gaps in your employment history will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required and photocopies of the original certificate will be taken
- All candidates are required to hold or undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from their local police(if based overseas)
If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Education Mandi Muggeson on 01753 852001 or email email@example.com