In partnership with Dulwich College and its eight sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia.
The College operates across the Star City and the Pun Hlaing campuses and is currently seeking an art and design teacher to work at the Pun Hlaing Campus, up to Year 11 (IGCSE).
The College is looking for highly resourceful, collegially minded and forward-thinking practitioners who can demonstrate that they are:
• passionate about delivering an art and design curriculum in a high-performing learning environment
• experienced in teaching art and design, preferably throughout the primary-secondary age range, with (I)GCSE experience in art being particularly advantageous
• experienced in organizing art exhibitions and other events, including leading school trips overseas
• able to demonstrate an outstanding commitment to co-curricular art activities after school and at weekends
• supportive of a child-centered approach to learning and able to nurture high levels of student agency
• actively aware of the latest developments in art teaching and pedagogy
• experienced in adapting learning to ensure it is inclusive and accessible to all, regardless of artistic ability, especially to EAL students
• genuinely interested in making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school
• eager to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
At least 2 years teaching experience is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE).
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
• annual flight allowance
• freight allowance
• comprehensive global medical insurance
• free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
• enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.
To apply for this position please click on the 'apply on school website' button. The closing date for the post is 7th April 2020.
Your application should include a brief covering letter, a CV and a statement of your educational philosophy.
Interviews will take place online, via video conference from Wednesday 8th April onwards.
For further information, please see our websites at www.dulwich.org and Yangon.dulwich.org
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.