An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You.
Established in 1960, the TENBY SCHOOLS GROUP operates international and private schools in Malaysia; currently in Tropicana Aman, Shah Alam, Penang, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Miri and Semenyih. Each campus provides for both primary and secondary international schools. The campuses in Ipoh, Penang, Shah Alam, Johor Bahru and Miri also provide for private schools following the Malaysian curriculum.
Tenby International School, Tropicana Aman’s Campus is a new modern contemporary campus with green concepts in a healthy lifestyle community housing development area. It is designed, from inception, to meet the educational needs of 21st Century learners in the lush, spacious and conducive environment within the vicinity of Kota Kemuning, Selangor.
The international primary school (Key Stages 1 and 2) follows the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) using a thematic approach in teaching and learning activities. In the international secondary school (Key Stage 3), the National Curriculum for England is taught which will lead into the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) in September 2020 when our first cohort will begin their IGCSE course.
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Art and Design Technology Teacher for our school located in Tropicana Aman, Kota Kemuning, Selangor (near Kuala Lumpur).
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and in doing so we reflect our Vision of ‘A United World At Peace - Through Education’.
The Role & Expectations
- To uphold the School’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- To lead, plan and teach Art & Design and Design Technology (Resistant Materials & Graphic Products) across the Primary and Secondary sections of the School up to Key Stage 3 (Year 9) and IGCSE as the school grows.
- To possess excellent knowledge and experience of assessment and tracking to inform student progress, including the use of standardised tests.
- To deliver INSET/training to staff as part of the CPD programme.
- To assist the School with developing greater ‘impact on learning’ practices.
- To assist the School with raising the profile of the Arts Curriculum Area and develop cross-curricular links.
- To have sound knowledge and practice of the National Curriculum for England, curriculum development and current educational thinking.
- To be able to manage a budget effectively.
- To be an excellent practitioner.
- To be able to lead.
- To be a self-starter.
- To be a team player.
- To contribute to the wider School Community.
Candidates must have a degree (QTS or equivalent) and relevant teaching experience, particularly in a student-centred learning environment.
If you are committed to developing creative and articulate learners, with a deep rooted desire to help every student reach their full potential, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Further information about Tenby Schools is available on our website.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end.
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
This is an opportunity for you to live and work in a culturally diverse capital city. There are also opportunities for promotion within the organisation.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 28th February 2019 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to:
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
Job start : September 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.