PRIORY SCHOOL, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX
MIXED 11-16 COMPREHENSIVE
Art and Photography Technician
24 hours a week, term time
The Governors of Priory School are recruiting an Art and Photography Technician to work in the Art department for 24 hours a week (preferably over 5 days but can be negotiated).
The successful applicant will be experienced in working with a range of art materials and equipment. Darkroom experience is preferable but not essential. You should have competent ICT skills for admin and creative tasks and be keen to learn new skills. You must have good communication skills, relate well to staff and students and work effectively in a team. Additionally, you must have the capacity to be flexible as situations are often changeable in a school environment. The duties include:
• Preparing resources and materials for lessons
• Supporting learners with practical work
• Keeping the Art rooms clean, tidy and free from hazards
• Writing and updating health and safety documents annually for activities, materials and equipment used in the department
• Stock taking and equipment ordering
• Assisting in an equipment booking system for students borrowing cameras
• Repairing/maintaining photographic equipment & resources, including a darkroom
• Manage digital aspects such as uploading photographs, scanning & printing images
• Preparing mounts and frames
• Updating displays of student work around the school
• Managing a gallery website to display student work
The salary grade is Single Status Grade 4, point 9, £18,933 to point 10, £19,312. The actual yearly salary for working 24 hours a week, term time and inset days is £10,833 to £11,050.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 17th September 2021
Interview Date: To be held in the week commencing: 27th September 2021
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded directly from the school website at www.priory.e-sussex.sch.uk under Menu, Join Us, Staff Vacancies. Applications are also available from Personnel at Priory School, Mountfield Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2XN. Please return application forms to the Personnel Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We unable to accept CVs.
Please note that if you have not received a response within 3 weeks of the closing date then we regret that your application has not been successful.
East Sussex County Council is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a DBS enhanced clearance for this authority.