Required as soon as possible, an Art, Design and Technology Technician to join an exciting new Secondary School which opened in 2012. Riverside School serves the growing Barking Riverside community on the banks of the Thames in superb newly-built accommodation and is already fully-subscribed.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: noon, Wednesday, 18th October 2017.
“Excellence for All” on Barking Riverside
The role of the Art, Design and Technology Technician will include:
1. To prepare materials for practical work within Art, Design and Technology.
2. To arrange tools and materials for focussed demonstrations.
3. Ensure all equipment and materials are available and in good safe condition for use by students.
4. Tidying up and checking that all equipment and materials are safely stored away at the end of each day.
5. Supporting teaching staff during practical lessons where required.
6. Assist with and maintain displays/boards.
7. Stock control: keeping records, ordering materials, liaising with outside agencies re machine servicing etc.
8. Any other reasonable requests from Head of Department or Headteacher as directed.
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the Head of school within the grading level of the post and the competence of the post holder.
The successful applicant with have the following qualities:
1. Good interpersonal communication skills.
2. Flexibility and reliability.
3. To be able to work as a member of a team as well under their own initiative.
4. Organisational and time management skills.
5. A passion for teaching and learning and the enrichment of young people’s lives.
The school is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and as such all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS (CRB) check. Appointments are also subject to satisfactory references/medical clearance.
Closing date: noon, Wednesday 18th October 2017.