Founded by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan in 1925, St Joseph’s Primary stands strong in its traditions and history within the parish of Nambour. The school has a proud reputation for its inclusive approach to education, embracing and catering for the needs of its diverse learners. Making learning visible is key in the school's pedagogical approach with a special focus on the social-emotional wellbeing of all its students. Such an approach ensures that all students are given every opportunity to grow into “….young people who have a positive sense of self, who believe they can achieve, and who are seeking to positively contribute to our rapidly changing world” (Vision Statement extract).
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community with the ability to teach a combination within the areas of Art, Humanities and Religious Education.
The ability, and relevant qualifications, to teach Religious Education is highly desirable and strong support for the Catholic ethos of the school is essential. Previous experience in teaching these subjects would be beneficial.
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• appropriate qualifications and experience
• effective communication and organisational skills
• ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students, and parents
• an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices
• a clear understanding of the new Australian Curriculum and Senior Curriculum
If applying to teach Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the on-line application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Stephanie Tyson
Contact Telephone Number: 0754415666
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 24-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education