Avenor College, a dynamic, selective and future thinking school is seeking a Teacher of Art to join our school on the next steps into the future.
As the school expands, we need to appoint enthusiastic and dynamic professionals to contribute to the teaching of Arts from August 2019. Engagement in the arts provides rich opportunities for personal development. Students, through direct experience in arts processes, are involved in exploring and expressing their emotional and spiritual selves, while learning about their own strengths, weakness, hopes, and fears. The self- knowledge that develops through arts experiences is a key foundation for their future. Arts processes also enable students to develop understanding of others through involvement with art works, both past and present, and through working cooperatively in creative art making.
Visual art, music and drama are all integral components of Avenor College. Students are encouraged to use various art forms as a means of formulating and expressing ideas, perceptions and feelings. Students will learn to value the contribution of the arts to daily life, cultural identity and diversity.
Since visual art, music and drama are integral to culture, the Avenor arts program plays an essential role in the development of cross-cultural understandings in our interdependent world. Objectives, relating directly to the broadening students’ awareness and appreciation of the common elements in various cultures, contribute to students understanding of local, regional, national and international cultures.
The Arts teacher has the responsibility to lead the learning of students that they teach, and manage the artistic and creative development of students in their charge as well as ensuring the smooth transition from one key stage phase to another.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following professional characteristics:
• Outstanding, dynamic and inspirational Art teacher;
• Ability to demonstrate, assess and develop a wide variety artistic talents and skills;
• Teaching excellence and first-rate subject knowledge;
• Evidence of creative and exciting approach to the teaching and learning of Arts;
• Ability to inspire children in their Art lessons and produce high quality, inspiring exhibitions in which the children contribute eagerly and happily;
• High levels of organisational ability;
• Communication skills – to liaise with colleagues, parents and to engage children;
• A confident and competent user of ICT.
We value the following Personal Characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
• Excellent communicator;
• Ability to work as part of a team, co-operative and personable;
• Professional, dedicated, hard-working and motivated;
• Organised, reliable and has good administrative skills;
• A warm, caring and fun personality with a good sense of humour.
• A Competitive salary and benefits package;
• Continuing professional development opportunities;
• A great team spirit;
• A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated team.
• Please send your complete resume/CV;
• Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College (and live in Bucharest) and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs
• Additionally ensure that your CV includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses.
Safeguarding: Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide current police checks.