We are looking for an Art teacher to join our school, who have an enthusiasm and passion for working with students, and with responsibility both for the teaching of art and the development of the School's art tradition. The position will commence in Auguest 2022, the initial contract will be for a period of two years, and the contract is renewable.
Changsha WES Academy (CWA) is a positive, enterprising truly International school which is located in Changsha city, Hunan province. CWA has a community with over 500 students and teachers who are from more than 26 countries and regions. CWA provides an international curriculum for children aged 3 to 19.
• have a Bachelor degree or above (Major in Fine Arts preferred)
• have more than 2 years relevant teaching experience
• experience with IB and IGCSE beneficial
• have good communication skills with kids
• teach students in a way that enables them to achieve high standards of learning
• contribute towards the provision of a dynamic, creative international learning environment
• actively participate in the development of the school
• work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
• Aware of content and pedagogy in art within school context
• Plan and prepare lessons for art class according to specified scope and sequence documents
• Maintaining class records
• Conduct classes according to IB standards of practice
• Class management skills
• Class ethos of respect for diverse ethnic communities
• Plan collaboratively with art department for progressive art development across grades
• Work and collaborate with Homeroom teachers for art specialist link
• Work with Homeroom to prepare for Assemblies, special events, Art show
• Collaborate with all relevant departments for special events planning
• Attend all relevant meetings as prescribed by school and department
• Be prepared to enrich school culture by volunteering for committees, events support, etc.
This includes but is not limited to the job functions involved with the position.
Compensation and benefit package
• Competitive salary
• Housing allowance
• Airfare allowance
• Healthcare/Medical Insurance
• Working days free lunch;
• Free tuition fee for up to two children
• Shipping fee
• Working visa processing fee
• Professional development
School website: www.wes-cwa.org