Chiswick School are looking for an Art Teacher to join us in this permanent role, which is available from September 2018, and would suit a newly qualified as well as a more experienced colleague. This role offers an exciting opportunity for an imaginative, creative and inspiring teacher to work in a supportive and energetic school where students are making significant and sustained progress within their Art studies. You will teach Art across the key stages including GCSE & A Level Art.
The successful candidate will:
· Have a passion for Art, excellent subject knowledge and the ability to teach confidently at A ‘level.
· Have high expectations and strong classroom management skills.
· the ability to raise attainment, innovating in the classroom to inspire and motivate students
Benefits go beyond pay with staff sports and gym facilities freely available, a thriving community spirit and social scene, childcare vouchers and free parking, and all in the context of an over-subscribed academy of 1,300 students situated in the beautiful west London suburb of Grove Park, next to Chiswick Park and the River Thames, with good rail links into central London.
As a school judged by OFSTED in October 2017 as requiring improvement we are part way through a journey to a judgement of good and beyond, and have made substantial progress so far. However, during this period of instability, the Art department has made consistent progress. This is down to student engagement within the subject. Art is a popular subject option with growing numbers each year and the high levels of uptake at GCSE and A level.
If you would like to be part of this dynamic and enthusiastic department, or would like to have an informal discussion about the role, please contact the Head Teacher’s PA Julie Lown on 020 8747 0031. Apply via the TES.
We will offer you:
· An exciting teaching role in an oversubscribed, multi-cultural school
· A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who believe in collaboration and getting the best from their students.
· Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
· Opportunities for further professional development
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Chiswick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check that is satisfactory to us will be a condition of employment.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May at 9.00 am