This position is available only for female candidates.
Sherborne Qatar is delighted to announce the launch of the Sherborne Qatar School for Girls, a STEM School, which will open in a new purpose-built school building in August 2020 on a brand-new site near Doha Festival City, Qatar. We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and innovative teaching professionals to join this new school and help our Founding Headmistress develop our ethos inside and outside of the classroom.
As a teacher at Sherborne Qatar School for Girls you will:
- Promote our mission and values
- Have experience of the English national curriculum
- Have experience of current UK initiatives and developments
- Have the ability to generate excitement about learning
- STEM experience desirable
- Have a sense of humour
- Be emotionally intelligent
All staff please must be willing to actively contribute to the school’s extensive enrichment programme and experience of coaching and leading a sports team is particularly desirable.
In return we can offer you :
- The opportunity to teach bright, interesting and hardworking pupils
- An excellent working environment in a brand new, purpose-built school
- The opportunity to get involved in an extensive enrichment programme
- An attractive tax-free salary, with additional benefits
- A good work/life balance
- CPD opportunities
- Strong links to Sherborne Dorset, one of the oldest and most distinguished independent schools
- At least 360 days sunshine!
Sherborne Qatar School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and criminal record checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete the TES online application form (Quick Apply) and upload a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for the post and what skills and qualities you can bring. Completed applications should be submitted by 17th January, 2020. Interviews will take place in London from Saturday 26th January, 2020. Please note we do not accept CVs. Successful applicants will be required to travel to Qatar on approximately Wednesday 19th August, 2020 for induction training before the start of term.
Please note that this position is available only for female candidates.
For further information regarding Sherborne Qatar, please visit www.sherborneqatarsfg.org.