We are seeking an exciting and experienced Art Teacher to cover maternity leave. Starting September 2021 to July 2022
You will be joining a friendly and supportive team at St Dominic's Grammar School.
• Ability to teach Art and Textiles across KS3
• Experience in teaching AQA Art, Craft and Design pathway GCSE and A level with an ability to teach a wide range of skills covering a broad range of Medias and techniques. Such as acrylics, watercolours, charcoal, pencil, biro as well as 3D sculpture.
• Experience in teaching AQA Art/Textiles pathway both GCSE and A level specification. You will need to be able to teach a range of skills in fabric manipulation, such as heat manipulation, weaving, machine and hand embroidery, fabric dye techniques, different printing methods and construction techniques working on the sewing machine.
• Experience teaching AQA Photography A level specification. You will need to demonstrate understanding of working a DSLR Camera and knowledge of photo editing software we currently use Affinity photo and Photoshop.
• As it’s a department of one, you will be responsible for completing all exam paperwork. Managing the budget and keeping track of supplies. As well as maintaining the sewing machines.
St. Dominic's Grammar School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years