Teacher of Art x2
1 x 1.0 FTE (Part time would be considered)
1 x 0.3 FTE (Teaching over one Day)
Required from September 2019
Situated in the City of Plymouth with a beautiful coastline and Dartmoor National Park on our doorstep, Sir John Hunt is able to provide its pupils with excellent opportunities to support their learning. Our expectations, standards and outcomes for students are exceptional. If you have the same high expectations of yourself and others, we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to appoint creative and passionate Art practitioners with the ability to bring the subject area to life for our students. The successful candidates will teach across Key Stage 3 & 4. This is an excellent opportunity to join a College with a forward-thinking philosophy, a commitment to quality CPD and a positive, friendly atmosphere. The posts are suitable for both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a passion for teaching Art
• Have the ability to inspire a love of Art
• Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
• An established and comprehensive induction programme
• A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
• A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
Applicants are encouraged to contact the college if they feel they would benefit from an informal discussion.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 17th June 2019
An application form and further details can be found on the College website.
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.