Vision for Education are working on behalf of a specialist provision in the Sunderland area who are seeking to appoint an innovative and dynamic Art Teacher. The specialist provision caters for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH), many of whom have involvement from other agencies, such as Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Social Services and the Child, Youth and Community Tribunal.
You will have the ability to build excellent relationships, have high expectations of students, and have resilience in managing the significant demands of working with challenging students.
This role is to start immediately and will run up until the end of the summer term.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Be available to work 5 days a week.
- Ideally have an understanding of young people with SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) difficulties and, experience teaching them.
- A calm and nurturing personality.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offers
- As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 01912291386.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
- Supply agency