Job Title: Art Teacher
Salary: MPS/UPS (£22,917 - £38,633)
Contract: Full Time (Permanent)
Required for: September 2018
Are you an ambitious and dynamic teacher of Art looking to work in an outstanding department? Would you like to join a school community which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD?
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a consistently outstanding department with a national reputation for excellence;
- excellent facilities and resources including extensive IT provision and Mac suite;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Art Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘A Letter from the Head of Art’
We would like you to be:
- able to teach Art to Key Stage 4 and ideally have experience of Key Stage 5;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- Committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
- Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is noon, Monday 18 June 2018 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone on this day.
Interview date: Wednesday 20 June. Candidates will be asked to bring a portfolio containing examples of their own and pupil work.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.