St Helena School is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science & Technology block in 2015, with new all-weather sports facilities added in March 2016.
We are seeking a talented, creative and dynamic Teacher of Art, with some additional teaching in the Performing Arts for which planning would be provided, to join our highly successful Arts Faculty from September 2017, to cover a Maternity Leave.
· Passionate about Art and the performing arts, with an enthusiasm for your subject that is infectious?
· A clear thinker, able to elucidate with laser-like precision what it is that students need to know?
· Self-aware, reflective and committed to constant evaluation of your own impact?
· Always ready for the unexpected, facing each new challenge with a smile?
Are you looking for a school where…
· You can make a valued contribution to a wide range of extra-curricular performance activities?
· A growth mindset is expected, and developing existing strength is considered as important as addressing weakness?
· Humanity and humour are seen to be essential qualities?
· You will be fully supported in your own professional development, whatever your aspirations?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to all of the above, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please visit our web site – www.st-helena.essex.sch.uk for more details. Letters of application and Application Form can be submitted through teh TES website or downloaded from the school's web site and forwarded to Ms J Shone-Tribley, HR Manager, by e-mail (email@example.com).
St Helena School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.