Artist in Residence/Art Teacher
Unqualified Teacher or Main Pay Scale (Inner London)
Tidemill currently has a rare vacancy for an Artist in Residence. Tidemill is a strong supporter of art and values its contribution to our pupils and community. We have had an Artist in Residence for many years and are keen to see this continue. Over several years, we have been recognised for our support of the arts through our achievement of Artsmark Gold. Pupils across the school are involved in wide-ranging visual art activities and work with the community, including our recent collaboration with Talk About Art, ArtMongers, and The Albany theatre.
We are looking for an inspiring artist-educator/visual art teacher who will have a positive impact on the learning and cultural enrichment of our pupils. If you have a passion for motivating young learners and enabling them to contribute to their local community, we would love to hear from you. The position will be for half days on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons. Art lessons will be taught to children across the school in key stages 1 and 2. The post will be either a long-term contract or a permanent contract depending on the skills and preferences of the candidate.
You will need to be a creative & inspiring artist who:
• Makes learning fun and engaging
• Has a working knowledge of a range of creative skills
• Has a strong passion for art and will be an art advocate
• Demonstrates initiative and can inspire, enthuse and lead others
• Is willing to teach a progressive curriculum where children can build on previously learnt skills and knowledge
• Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships and promote art with children, parents and the wider community
In return, we will offer:
• Enthusiastic, creative and respectful children
• A dedicated Creative Hub classroom to teach pupils
• A vibrant, richly diverse community steeped in art including close proximity to Goldsmiths University, the Albany theatre, the Laban and regular art festivals
• First class professional and career development opportunities, including leading art workshops for trainee and newly qualified teachers
• The opportunity to positively impact school improvement and the educational landscape through our role as the lead school in the Endeavour Teaching School Alliance
• The chance to work with a supportive family of schools who share the same passion for primary education
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can see meet the team, see our new Art Hub and find out further detail about the role. If you would like to visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Artist in Residence. Please include your contact details in the email.
Visits: Monday 10th February @ 4:45pm & Friday 14th & 8:30am
Closing Date & shortlisting: Tuesday 18th February, 2020 @ 9am
Interviews: Tuesday 25th February, 2020
Skype interviews & lesson observations are available for international candidates.