Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 + Middle Leader Allowance of $10,543
Position: Arts/Languages Academic Leader
Tenure: Full-Time, Ongoing
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Gilroy Santa Maria College is a co-educational Catholic College administered by Townsville Catholic Education with a current enrolment of approximately 300 students. We are recognised throughout Northern Queensland as a school that has achieved great success in the academic, cultural, sporting and vocational fields over the past 60 years. Our curriculum is broad, allowing for the development of students in many areas. We have a skilled Student Support Services Team available to provide counselling, career advice and learning support for students, parents and teachers.
As part of our teaching team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for:
The role of the Academic Leader is to support the mission of Gilroy Santa Maria College through leadership of the Arts and Languages learning and teaching program. This involves developing appropriate curriculum in line with national, state and local requirements; ensuring that appropriate pedagogies are developed and implemented at all levels; ensuring the quality of student learning and the effectiveness of teacher practice through appropriate supervision; utilising thorough analysis of current data to inform decisions; developing appropriate partnerships within and outside of the school; and prudently administering available resources.
The Academic Leader at Gilroy Santa Maria College demonstrates leadership in three dimensions: educational leadership; human leadership and strategic leadership. Academic Leaders also demonstrate an understanding of, commitment to and support for the values and ethos of Catholic education.
The Successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The leadership of the Arts and Languages taught in the school - Due to the proportion of lessons taught in the school, leadership in the Arts will be more prominent than in Languages
- The application of contemporary learning and teaching research to classroom practice through professional development of teachers engaged in the area(s) of curriculum responsibility
- Supervision of teachers engaged in the area(s) of curriculum responsibility
- Induction of new teachers within the area(s) of curriculum responsibility (or supervision of induction where it is undertaken by another experienced teacher), and/or
- Pastoral care of staff engaged in the designated area(s) of curriculum responsibility, and/or
- Other appropriate duties as required by the Principal and consistent with the level of expertise indicated above.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- A clear vision of and support for the school's mission and its underlying values and ethos
- Leadership capacity - a broad vision that extends beyond subject boundaries, initiative, perseverance, acceptance of responsibility, effective organisational skill, ability to communicate appropriately and ability to foster cooperation and collegiality
- Success as a classroom teacher
- An appropriate level of professional qualification both formal and informal and/or relevant experience
- Professional activity through membership of professional associations and on-going professional development.
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary starting from $70,080 - $100,936 + Middle Leader Allowance of $10,543
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Upload your current resume including referee's
- Complete a covering letter outlining your reasons for the application of the position
- Complete a written response to the following selection criteria:
- Educational Leadership
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and learning within the relevant curriculum area(s).
- Demonstrated the capacity to perform the Typical Duties listed above to high level.
- Human Leadership
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, including well-developed interpersonal skills that contributes to the formation of a highly professional academic department.
- Productive relationships characterised by compassion, care, empathy and reconcil
- Strategic Leadership
- Demonstrated the capacity to continually re-evaluate the performance, structures and process within their academic department.
- Positively contribute to whole school improvement process.
- Commitment to the Catholic values, and support of the ethos of Gilroy Santa Maria College
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 4th October 2019.