Academia Management Solutions International (AMSI) is a private education solutions and consultancy provider with over 35 years’ experience across all aspects of K-12 education. AMSI, and its schools, have been dedicated to transforming the lives of our students and raising the standards of education within its community for over 30 years.
Today, AMSI manages a number of regional schools providing high quality education to students from over 60 diverse nationalities. Students in AMSI schools benefit from the specialized expertise of AMSI’s network of education professionals, specialists and staff, guided by a dynamic advisory panel, which combines a host of professional backgrounds.
Founded in 1979 and managed by AMSI, Al Mawakeb School (Dubai) provides a comprehensive university preparatory education to a student body of over 5,500 (across both campuses: Al Garhoud and Al Barsha).
We follow a unique trilingual education program in English, French, and Arabic, which enables our graduates to pursue higher education worldwide. The students begin studying the English, French, and Arabic languages as of Kindergarten. Students of Grade 10, 11, 12 follow an academic US-style curriculum (equivalent to a US Grade 12 Diploma). There is one common curriculum without streams. Subjects are compulsory. Non-Muslim students are exempt from Islamic Education. Upon completing twelve years of education, students receive a high school diploma recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education. Our high school diploma, in tandem with the educational preparation we designed, has enabled our graduates to attend universities all over the world.
The International School of Arts and Sciences (ISAS) is our third Dubai based AMSI managed school campus which is located in the Al Warqa area. At ISAS we implement a twelve-year American program based on a core curriculum that encourages students to recognize their potential in both the arts and sciences. At the high school level (grades 9-12), ISAS gives students the opportunity to further explore their curiosity with innovative elective courses while maintaining a rigorous and comprehensive core curriculum.
At AMSI, we invest in the personal and professional growth of our teachers and staff, and capitalize on their potential to deliver the best education for students. We are currently speciﬁcally seeking qualiﬁed teachers to become part of our educational team, employed at one of the above school campuses.
Teachers play a crucial role in guiding and motivating students and leading them towards success. They engage in the first and foremost interaction with the students in the school and they are in direct contact with them most of the time during the day. As such they are liable and accountable for providing the quality education that the students need and deserve.
Under the supervision of the SLT, and subject to school policies, the teacher performs tasks as the Head of Section shall direct which include:
• Teaching allocated classes along with related planning
• Engaging in developing the school curriculum
• Assessing, monitoring, recording and reporting on the work of students
• Providing advice and guidance to students on issues related to their education
• Promoting and safeguarding the general wellbeing and safety of students
• Collaborating with parents and other staff towards achieving the best interest of the students
• Engaging in continuing professional development
• Collaborating towards maintaining order and discipline in the school
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
In order to be considered for this post you must meet the following criteria:
1. Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from an accredited university
2. 2-4 years of teaching experience (Recommended but not required)
3. Demonstrated outstanding classroom teaching skills; preferably in a multicultural setting
4. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of how students learn
5. Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all applicants but thank you for your interest in this role.