We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our close-knit school community. This is a fixed term/part time position teaching specialising in The Arts (music and drama) from Prep – Year 6.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong understanding of the The Arts Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School is a co-education school with approximately 340 students from Prep – Year 6. Our school embraces a community of faith, commitment and compassion through our links with St Joseph’s Parish, Hervey Bay. A sense of family permeates throughout the school so that in the way of Mary, Mother of God, we live out our vision. Star of the Sea is committed to providing a dynamic learning environment for our students, striving to develop a culture of excellence in a faith-filled, inclusive community.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Semester One, 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 2 days per week.
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Nathan Wilson
Contact Telephone Number: +4125 1220
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education