Smart Teachers is recruiting for an ASD Teacher / Autism Spectrum Disorder Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher for an Early Years class at a specialist SEN school in Lewisham. With new building with modern facilities, the school caters for students with ASD and complex needs. The successful ASD Teacher / Autism Spectrum Disorder Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher will be responsible for teaching a small Early Years class. The role is to commence in January 2019, with a possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role
· ASD Teacher / Autism Spectrum Disorder Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher
· Teaching a class of Early Years students with ASD and complex needs
· Small class size with three members of support staff
· Verbal and non-verbal students
· Temp contract starting January 2019 – July 2019, with the possibility of a long term role
· Daily rate from £130, dependant on experience
About the School
· New building with modern facilities
· Ofsted rated “Good”
· Small class sizes with 3-4 support staff members in each classroom
· Supportive SLT and great training for staff
· Range of therapists on site to work with the children
· Sensory rooms and a sensory garden
· Outdoor play and fitness equipment
· Parking available on site
· Short walk from train station
In order to be considered for this role, the ASD Teacher / Autism Spectrum Disorder Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
· Previous experience with ASD (essential)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number NVC26475.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.