Smart Teachers is working alongside a school in Sutton that supports learners with High Functioning Autism and Complex Needs. The school is seeking a member of support staff that has experience of working with learners on the Autistic Spectrum and able to help engage students in fun and stimulating lessons. The school is relatively new so there is scope for the successful ASD Support Assistant to really make their own mark there. The school is assisted by a large group of schools and residential settings, meaning the support on offer is second to none.
About the Role and School
- Working with KS3 – 4 learners with ASD
- Small class sizes, with a maximum of 5 learners per class as it stands
- Hugely supportive and friendly SLT
- Will be working on a 1:1 and small group basis
- Previous experience of delivering small group lessons would be preferable
In order to be considered for this role, the ASD Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum of 6 weeks within the past two years is essential)
- Previous experience with ASD students
- Have an understanding of the secondary curriculum in the UK
- Be confident across a wide range of subjects
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have excellent communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference IXH72234.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.