Smart Teachers is recruiting for a number of passionate and experienced ASD TAs / Autistic Spectrum Disorder Teaching Assistants to join an ‘Outstanding’ ASD all-through school based in Hackney (North London). The role will involve supporting individuals within the class as well as working on a one-to-one basis with children with severe ASD. The ASD TAs / Autistic Spectrum Disorder Teaching Assistants are required immediately and will be employed on a fixed term full time contract for the rest of the academic year. This is an inspiring school that encourages teachers and support staff to fulfil their potential as educators.
About the Role
· ASD TAs / Autistic Spectrum Disorder Teaching Assistants
· Must have previous ASD experience
· Working 1:1 and in small groups of students who are non-verbal
· Comfortable with personal care and feeding
· Full-time contract position starting as soon as possible
· Daily rate up to £75 (depending on experience)
About the School
· ASD school that caters for all ages from 3-16 years
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Located in a quiet and leafy location in North London
· Dedicated and passionate team who are proactive in their approach to learning
· SEN internal staff training provided
· Located in Zone 2, close to all public transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the ASD TAs / Autistic Spectrum Disorder Teaching Assistants will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
· Must have proven UK classroom-based experience working with ASD students
· Experience with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) is an advantage
· Be outgoing, friendly and approachable
· Be able to provide recent classroom-based references that cover the last 12 months and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number SZL27960.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.