OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
We have an opportunity at our small and friendly Caledonia South Campus for an experienced and enthusiastic ASN Teacher to join the team on a Full Time, Permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated Specialist TA to provide support for SEND students across KS2-KS5 and assist the Learning Support Coordinator where necessary.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Have prior experience working as a Learning Support Assistant
• Have an understanding of special educational needs as defined in the SEN Code of Practice
• Have experience of working with children of the age with which the post is concerned
• Have Grade A*-C in GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Be able to present information effectively, verbally and in writing to others (for formal SEN reviews etc)
• Have good communication skills written and verbal, organisational skills and be a positive role model of professional practice and conduct of others
• Be willing to undertake relevant training and identify own development needs and be committed to ongoing CPD and Professional development
• Have experience working with students on a 1:1 basis
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• Be willing to utilise technology to support learners remotely where required
• To promote equality, diversity and inclusion and demonstrate this within the role, adhering to the OSG UK Equal Opportunity Policy
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• Supportive staff and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Dedicated and talented specialist employees who work together to continually build upon our high standards
• On-going CPD with support from our Teaching Training Academy- our innovative skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout OneSchool Global UK
• To support in the learning and teaching across the curriculum, particularly for pupils with SEND
• To assist in planning, review and delivery of the curriculum (either as individuals or in small groups) and to assist in pupil health, safety, welfare and emotional and behavioural support
• To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve joint-planning with teachers, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups, or short term for whole classes across all year groups in the school (Year 3-13).
• Monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupil’s achievement, progress and development will be integral to this role
• To ensure that SEND support is happening within the context of the school’s Self Directed Learning Philosophy
• To engage in active participation in all staff meetings and CPD
• Provide pupils with the level and type of support specified by the teacher. Could include promoting increased attention and staying on task; helping with physical difficulties whilst encouraging independence
• Identify and report uncharacteristic behaviour patterns in pupils and report these to the teacher
• Encourage and reinforce positive interactions between pupils working within any behaviour targets set
• To perform such other duties as may be requested from time to time, commensurate with the role
• Uphold and promulgate the OneSchool Global ethos within all areas of responsibility
• Contribute to, share in and promote the wider and longer- term vision of OneSchool Global
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or if you have any questions about the role.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Friday 7th January 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
All Campuses within OneSchool Global UK are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
As a school, OneSchool Global UK Caledonia Campus prides itself on providing a professional climate for learning which nurtures the development of each individual student’s potential within an organisation demanding high standards in support of acade...