An exciting opportunity has become available for an Outreach Officer to join Walsall College who will responsible for the delivery of inspirational, high quality outreach programmes and events that demonstrate high value impact for our students involved in the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP), Aspire to HE Project.
NCOP aims to increase the number of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in higher education by 2020. Inspiring and addressing any unfounded pre-conceptions that university is ‘not for them’ is crucial to this goal.
Under the direction of the Aspire to HE – Project Manager, you will contribute to the delivery of a customer-focused, cost-effective and efficient collaborative outreach provision and you will work alongside the marketing colleagues to promote positive leaver destinations for our students including the Higher Education study offered by Walsall College and other institutions.
Experience of co-ordinating and delivering events and programmes to a wide range of individuals and groups and experience of widening participation/outreach/recruitment work in an education setting are essential to succeed in this role.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Up to 35 days annual leave with generous additional closure days
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.