The Scottish Qualifications Authority is Scotland’s national awarding and accreditation body. We are trusted to oversee thousands of qualifications that are available in schools, colleges and workplaces, not just in this country, but around the world.
SQA has formed a partnership and is bidding to be awarded a contract for a Government Agency. SQA will be responsible for both assessment development and the marking operation of the contract.
To manage this, we will establish a new contract team within our Business Development Directorate. We are now looking for an Assessment Manager (ESOL specialist) to deliver high-quality, continually improving, efficient and responsive services to our customer.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the planning, implementation and delivery of an English Language Proficiency Test to support the achievement of the contract’s delivery. In order to achieve this, you must be able to demonstrate experience in the following specific duties:
- Developing and proposing a robust capacity model for an continuous test cycle
- Planning, delivering and overseeing the training process for assessment development and marking teams
- Leading and managing assessment development and quality assurance process that underpins the item writing process.
- Leading and managing assessment and quality assurance process that underpins the electronic marking of test papers
- Develop assessment development quality assurance procedures and item writing performance management procedures.
- Developing marking quality assurance procedures and marker performance management procedures
Additionally you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Line management experience
- Developing and building relationships with individuals at a senior level
- Working with customers ensuring consistency of approach.
Applicants, as a minimum, should be educated to SCQF Level 9 (i.e hold an Ordinary Degree or higher with Dip TESOL, preferably with specialism in ESOL testing) + previous experience in item writing. And/or be able to demonstrate direct relevant experience for this role.
The post is for 3 years fixed term with the potential to be extended dependant on the continuous success of the contract.
Interviews to be held in Glasgow week commencing 25th March 2019. All appointments will be subject to Contract Award.
SQA offer a fantastic benefits package in return for your talent. These include but are not limited to a career average pension scheme; staff well-being and health assistance programmes; development opportunities and 27 day’s annual leave in addition to 14 day’s public holiday.
If you think you’ve got the skills, knowledge and experience required to succeed in this exciting opportunity please apply below.
SQA welcomes applications from every section of the community. SQA has a Gaelic Language Plan and is committed to its purpose.
Tha Plana Gàidhlig aig SQA agus tha sinn a' creidsinn gu h-àrachdach agus na h-amasan a tha air cur a-mach sa Phlana Nàiseanta don Ghàidhlig.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themself to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.