Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Employer Engagement & Training Department, assessing and developing Design Apprentices.
Ideally you will be a qualified Assessor and recent design work experience is essential as you will be required to assess apprentices at levels two and three.
You will be part of a pro-active, dynamic yet friendly team of assessors/trainers who seek to combine a speedy achievement for our employers with a quality product for our candidates.
You will need to have access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit clients across the north Staffordshire region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop, maintain and account manage relationships with local employers who express an interest in work-related programmes.
- To take an active part in the recruitment of new beneficiaries through contact with local employers.
- To assess candidates and deliver training to support achievement through distance learning.
- To ensure that comprehensive, accurate and up to date records are maintained on the progress of all beneficiaries.
- To contribute to course review, undertake internal verification and contribute to self-assessment procedures within the area as appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Assessor qualification A1 or Level 3 TAQA or willingness to obtain
- Previous experience working in a design role.
- Able to communicate effectively and have the ability to deal successfully with all levels of management, beneficiaries, tutors and employers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Assessor in Design, please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and select ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 19 th November 2017.