Salary: £25,160- £27,472 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking an Assessor in Electrical to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Assessor to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience.
• Train and Assess learners up to Level 3, in the workplace and classroom environment;
• Support learner progress through assessment in the workplace and curriculum delivery;
• Ensuring timely achievement of apprenticeship standards; and
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with college policies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Assessor Qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent) or commitment to work towards;
• PGCE or commitment to work towards;
• Industry relevant qualifications to a minimum of a level 3 (NVQ or equivalent), level 5 would be advantageous;
• GCSE Grade C (4/5) in English and Maths;
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
• Up-to-date occupational experience;
• Enhanced DBS check; and
• This role will be based across multiple sites and therefore a full current driving licence, use of a car and insurance for business purposes are essential to this role.
We welcome applications from current practitioners wishing to pass on their sector knowledge and experience who do not have a teaching or assessing qualification. Anyone joining the College with relevant industry experience will receive support in attaining a relevant qualification and will be supported by a dedicated mentor from within the departmental team.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
• Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
• Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
• Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 20 September 2021.
The selection process will take place week commencing 27 September 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email email@example.com where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College - South and West (Crewe Campus)
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m invest...