Salary: £25,569 - £34,632 (Which includes a £5,000 annual salary supplement for qualified candidates). An annual bonus scheme is also in operation. A £5,000 Golden Hello payment is available for unqualified individuals to move from industry and re-train.
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is currently home to around 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. In addition, we have a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes.
We are one of only 3 providers in England to achieve an outstanding grade for apprenticeships delivery under the Ofsted’s new inspection framework - in fact we’re outstanding in every inspection area. To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website.
The College delivers a significant volume and market share of Engineering Apprenticeship standards ranging from Intermediate and Advanced through to Higher levels from its two campuses in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stafford.
At present, we are investing c£25 million in a new Technology & Engineering facility at our Stafford site and also a further c£20 million at our Newcastle site in a combined project to become an Institute of Technology & Engineering Centre in association with Keele University.
NSCG apprenticeship outcomes are consistently some of the highest in the country and the college works with many of the region’s leading engineering businesses, including organisations such as Siemens and Moog.
We are looking for suitably qualified individuals to join our pro-active, dynamic and friendly team of Assessors. The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality apprenticeships and work based training to local employers. You will assess our clients/apprentices in their place of work, and seek to combine a speedy achievement for our employers with a quality product for our candidates as well as developing and maintaining relationships with our local employers.
You will need access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit clients across the Staffordshire region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop, maintain and account manage relationships with local employers, including the development of Higher Apprentices.
- To deliver high quality apprenticeships by carrying out workplace assessment and delivering underpinning knowledge with a bias to electrical engineering at level 3-5.
- To take an active part in the recruitment of new apprentices through contact with local employers – managing key accounts, schools/colleges and through events. You will be responsible for securing a caseload sufficient to hit your targets.
- To complete all required information under the projects to include Initial Assessment and Individual Learning Plan.
- To ensure that all beneficiaries receive an initial and diagnostic assessment and skills scan through identifying recognised prior learning.
- To contribute to course review, internal verification and self-assessment procedures within the area as appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds a higher level, degree or other relevant qualification in an appropriate subject.
- To hold appropriate Assessor and / or Teaching qualifications is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of assessing relevant engineering standards or frameworks is highly desirable but not essential.
- Has relevant industrial experience within the Engineering sector.
- Is an effective communicator, able to deal successfully with all levels of management, apprentices, tutors and employers.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
Get in touch
If you wish to have an informal discussion prior to your application, please contact Jane Tunnicliff (Head of Employer Training & Partnerships) at firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange an appointment for you to visit the College and answer any initial questions you may have.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme (defined benefits scheme with 24% employer contribution)
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Assessor in Electronic & Electrical Engineering, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 3 October 2021.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
NSCG - Newcastle Campus
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years