We have an exciting opportunity for an Assessor / Trainer for Engineering - Fabrication and Welding to join our Apprenticeships & Commercial Training team. This opportunity will allow you to pass on your Engineering experience, ideas, knowledge and skills to young people, to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes.
Assessor / Trainer for Engineering – Fabrication and Welding
- Ref: 0651a
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £26,767 - £28,395 per annum
- Location: Castleford, Wakefield and district / client premises
As an Assessor / Trainer, you will deliver high quality training to individuals and groups and assess learners in their place of work and College to meet National Occupational Standards within the Engineering sector.
We are looking for a qualified professional, who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has a passion for Engineering and can inspire young people to help them achieve their goals.
As an Assessor / Trainer for Engineering – Fabrication and Welding, you should:
- Be qualified to NVQ 3 in Fabrication and Welding Engineering
- Hold D32/D33, TAQA or A1 Assessor award – or undertaking or willing to undertake
- Hold GCSE A*- C in English and Maths or equivalent (9-4)
- Have a full Driving Licence and own transport/or access to transport
- Have current practical experience within vocational area
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to motivate students
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work with employers to grow business
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 30 November 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.