We are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant who is AAT qualified and studying towards CIMA or equivalent qualification to manage the administration of key finance functions and the finance team. We are looking for someone who has problem solving skills and a proactive approach; someone who is organised, efficient, and has a good understanding of financial procedures and processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts by monitoring and maintaining an accurate general ledger
- Prepare the monthly accruals & prepayments
- Support internal and external auditors
- Maintenance and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Cash handling, VAT accounting and BACS payments
- Keeping analysis of costs and other statistical information and provide budget holders with reports
- Oversee the processing of purchase orders, receiving delivered goods and processing invoices, ensuring value for money
- Management of financial operations and the finance team
This post reports to the Business Manager.
To find out more about Whitley Academy, please go to www.whitleyacademy.com.
Informal visits are welcomed. To arrange a visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be returned via email by 4th June 2017. Only fully completed application forms will be accepted, CVs not accompanied with a completed application form will not be considered.
Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.