Assistant Analyst, Technical and Statistical Data
Full time, fixed term (12 months)
What it’s about
The provision of accurate information is crucial to the delivery of high quality assessments which are fair to all candidates. The Technical and Statistical Data team provide information and analytical support to the Assessment Division to support the grading of Cambridge Assessment International Education qualifications.
This role will suit someone who is highly numerate, methodical and committed to continuous improvement.
What you’ll be doing
Your main responsibility will be producing grading plans prior to qualification grading, populating these documents with accurate historical data and making them available to Product Managers in a timely manner. You will also be involved in producing other documents and data-driven reports that support the whole assessment process.
As a self-motivated and proactive learner you will have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills, particularly in SAS programming and the development of user-friendly Excel tools.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), in a numerate subject
- Knowledge of simple statistical procedures and calculations – including measures such as means, weighted average, correlation, standard deviation and confidence intervals
- Familiarity with relational database structures
- Familiarity with the formal use of statistics
- Understanding of assessment processes and practice
Skills and Experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, in particular using MS Excel for data analysis and using VBA-enabled MS Excel or Word files
- Some experience of automating either MS Excel or MS Word with VBA
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-expert audience
- Technical report writing
- Querying relational databases (e.g. MS Access, SQL or similar)
- Experience of data analysis using programming in SAS, SQL, R or similar
- Ability to work to fixed deadlines and schedules
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge and skills, including basic SAS programming
- Ability to work effectively in a small team
- Confidence in dealing with people at senior level, both internally and externally
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24 March 2019 and interviews will be held on 1 April 2019.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER