Sevenoaks School is currently seeking to appoint an Assistant Bursar (Full-time, all year round).
Reporting to the Bursar, the Assistant Bursar is a member of the Bursary Executive Team and plays a key role in coordinating the strategic and operational leadership of the School.
Some of the Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the Bursar in her role as Clerk to the Governors and Foundation Trustees, ensuring they undertake their duties in accordance with appropriate regulations, providing proactive support as needed, and servicing committee meetings.
• Maintaining and ensuring appropriate review of the School risk framework.
• Maintaining and ensuring appropriate review of key School registers, contracts and licences, including policy register, interests register, gift register, parent contract, trademarks, copyright licence, performing rights licence etc.
• Liaising with relevant colleagues to review and develop policies within the Bursar’s areas of responsibility, and ensuring they are compliant with relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
• Supporting the Bursar and Headmaster in dealing with legal issues, serious complaints, serious incidents, data subject access requests, and insurance claims.
• Supporting the Bursar with other tasks as required, including external and internal communication, insurance arrangements, due diligence checks on parents, signatory for payments etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to navigate complexity.
• Strong digital competence and comfort with email, drafting, reviewing and managing spreadsheets.
• A diligent attitude, including an ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
• A positive and proactive approach and the flexibility to contribute, both individually and as a member of the Bursary Executive Team, across all those areas overseen by the Bursar.
For further information and to apply for this role, please use the next link: https://www.sevenoaksschool.org/support-vacancies/
The closing date for applications is 26/09/2021 at 23:59. The School retains the right to interview suitable applicants and appoint before the deadline.
Sevenoaks School is a Covid-19 secure environment. Interviews will be held in person in line with social distancing requirements.
Sevenoaks School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants will undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Registered Charity No. 1101358.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Academic excellence, with a strong pastoral and co-curricular emphasis and a global dimension.
Sevenoaks School is a large, co-educational HMC school. Founded in 1432 by William Sevenoke, the school has over the last 50 years developed an internati...