OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
We have a fantastic opportunity at our OneSchool Global UK Atherstone Campus for a forward thinking, highly motivated and truly inspirational practitioner to be an Assistant Campus Principal- KS2 and Safeguarding Lead.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Have Qualified Teacher Status / PGCE in Primary Teaching and degree educated
• Educated to at least grade A*-C in GCSE English and Maths
• Have recent experience of leading a team at KS2 Level
• Have recent experience and knowledge of safeguarding practice in school, including working with multi-agency and third parties
• Recent experience overseeing pastoral planning and support, including pupil Mental Health and Wellbeing at KS2
• Have experience of leading curriculum development at KS2
• Have experience of providing appropriate support for SEN and MA pupils at KS2
• Be experienced in pedagogical coaching including conducting lesson observations and providing feedback
• Possess a good understanding of SEND procedures
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom for both theory and practical sessions, as well as in our modern learning centre
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop) and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
• Lead Safeguarding including being DSL taking responsibility for the Single Central Record
• Lead the PREVENT programme
• To actively engage and lead a team of experienced, motivated and skilled practitioners at KS2
• Responsible for overseeing the KS2 pastoral support, Health and Safety and the progress of students ensuring at least good academic outcomes
• Support whole school initiatives and encourage others to the same
• Be part of the Leadership Team and provide day to day leadership to KS2
• Lead, coach and support others in developing SDL appropriate schemes of work, assignments and practices, including the use of canvas at KS2
• Develop and maintain links with feeder schools
• Actively engage with the local community to develop contacts and visits
• To work in accordance with the Teachers Standards and other professional guidance
• Contribute to target setting and to the recording and tracking of student performance data, in accordance with the school practices and as directed by the Campus Principal
• Ensure classroom teaching is well planned, appropriate pitched and differentiated to meet the needs of all learners incorporating principles of SDL
• Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be assessed appropriately by all pupils which is safe and conductive to learning
• Promote a classroom culture for learning in which everyone takes responsibility for a high standard of student behaviour
• Maintain a high standard and equitable approach to student welfare and behaviour management in line with the current school policy
• Consistently demonstrate a high standard of organisational skills in all areas of responsibility
• Utilise up to date knowledge and experience in all aspects of the curriculum and assessment, looking at new and innovative learning styles such as SDL
• To perform such other duties as may be requested from time to time, commensurate with the role
• Uphold and promulgate the OneSchool Global UK ethos within all areas of responsibility
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about OneSchool Global UK please visit: http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Friday 21st May 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Atherstone Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
OneSchool Global UK Atherstone Campus
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 6 - 18 years
OneSchool Global UK Atherstone Campus is situated just outside the Historic Town of Atherstone, which has a long history dating back to Roman times. After a long history of schooling on the site there was a threat of redevelopment once the previous s...