To monitor the security of the school buildings, carry out a programme of maintenance work and monitor the repair and maintenance work of others.
Key Job Outcomes
To ensure the safety and security of designated buildings by
• Limiting access to authorised personnel;
• Responding appropriately to emergencies;
• Locking and unlocking the school buildings and grounds;
• Working safely and sharing H&S information with the other school staff.
To ensure the maintenance of the school’s grounds, buildings and facilities to standards proscribed by the Academy Council by
• Responding to the routine maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities;
• Carrying out exempt cleaning and sweeping the playground clear of leaves, litter and sharp objects;
• Carrying out a range of handy person duties and portering as per the work specification;
• Ensuring that items of equipment and disposable resources pertaining to the job are stored securely.
St Matthias Academy
Bristol, City of
- Alternative provision with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years