Leasowes High School are recruiting for an Assistant Caretaker, to start ASAP, this vacancy is Full Time 37 hrs per week and an all year round contract.
Grade 3, Spine Point 3-4
FTE salary: £18,562 - £18,933
We are a Multi Academy Trust comprising of six secondary schools and one primary school with over 700 employees and over 5,000 students, based in Dudley, West Midlands.
To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the premises, providing support for a safe and efficient operation whilst ensuring all customer requirements are met.
You will need to;
- Ensure smooth running of the school premises
- Opening the building in the morning and potentially locking it at the end of the day
- Carrying out day-to-day DIY/maintenance and minor repairs (i.e. furniture fixtures)
- To ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Daily responsible to check that all doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings or assemblies and clearing away afterwards
- Daily cleaning duties around the School premises
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in practical DIY skills for minor repair
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good Team Player
- Flexible with shift work
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Familiar with COSHH standards
For an informal discussion and further information please email David Willetts – Facilities and Operations Manager email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 3rd December 2021 5pm
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Interviews due to take place: Friday 10th December 2021
We are deeply committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and expect all Staff and Volunteers to share this commitment. All necessary Safeguarding checks will be undertaken which must have satisfactory outcomes, otherwise the conditional job offer may be withdrawn. Details of the checks that will be undertake can be found at: Keeping Children Safe in Education, 2021- https://bit.ly/3sFula8
This role has been assessed as working in regulated activity and is subject to an Enhanced DBS plus Children’s Barred List Check.
It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
Positions at the school are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to a post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). DBS Filtering guidance can be found on the GOV.UK website.
Leasowes High School is a mixed, comprehensive, non-denominational secondary school with a Sixth Form situated in ...