The Stockwood Park Academy have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Curriculum Leader for Science to join our lovely team. We are looking for someone who will play an active role in the development of the curriculum providing specific curriculum expertise and guidance and furthering our success in leading our Science department. Here at Stockwood Park Academy, we are passionate about teaching engaging lessons with the wide range of resources we have available which include two corridors dedicated to Science with modern, fully equipped labs and Science Technicians on hand to support our teachers.
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that all our middle leaders have the trust and autonomy to help lead their department and that all our staff feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills’
… If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
· Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students
· Be accountable for motivation to subject staff (teaching and support) and the creation of a highly effective team
· Adhere to the Academy’s rigorous procedures for recording, monitoring analysing and acting upon a range of data
· Track student overall attainment and achievement on a regular basis;
· Evaluate the quality and appropriateness of students’ overall negotiated individual learning plans
The successful candidate will have:
· Demonstrable impact on school improvement.
· Demonstrable experience of using performance management and performance data to inform target setting, planning and policy.
· Some experience of managing the work of others.
· Ability to lead, coach and mentor others
· Ablility to monitor and evaluate teaching, learning and school policy
· Start Date: January 2019
· Salary: £22,917 - £38,633 MPS/UPS + TLR 2c - £6,342
· Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
· £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
· A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
· Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment.