“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Curriculum Leader of KS3 Maths to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy. This permanent post offers an excellent opportunity for you to join a driven and innovative department and would suit candidates who have a dynamic approach to teaching exciting and creative lessons. This post will form part of the leadership of the department with a focus on curriculum development and standards at KS3.
Mathematics teachers at UCL Academy plan and teach a curriculum which is both inspiring and engaging and includes creative ideas, lively activities and enriching activities. We have a mathematics team that is second to none; supportive, proactive and dedicated to ensuring that every child at UCL Academy is able to flourish and grow. We organise trips away and are involved in research projects in Romania and Sweden. We organise school visits and compete in maths challenges throughout London. We are closely involved with Pixl and the FMSP and attend conferences regularly. We aim to teach our students to be confident, questioning and independent mathematicians; to be able to make connections between maths in their other subjects and maths in context in the world outside. We have a thriving sixth form, which includes a large Further Maths class as well as step tuition. We are proud of the excellent A level and GCSE results that we achieved last year, and are proud of the friendly, and work focused relationship that the maths staff engender with the students.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We pride ourselves on high academic aspirations and a caring and inclusive environment. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Our students are able to take advantage of our sponsor University College London’s world class facilities and expertise from their very first school day, and are exposed to university life throughout their Academy career. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university working aspirationally with the academy’s students.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information on the Academy.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• Flexibility in start and finish times, longer holidays and more Academy planning days than normal INSET arrangements;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources and to work within our connected curriculum;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How To Apply:
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21 May 2019 at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The Academy has the right to interview and appoint before the closing date. Previous applicants need not apply.