Assistant Curriculum Leader of RE
Full Time ● Permanent
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2a
Start date: April 2021
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is an outstanding, popular and over-subscribed 11-16 academy in Rotherham. We are a Catholic Voluntary Academy with a wide catchment area, welcoming students of all faiths and denominations.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Curriculum Leader of RE to play a full role across the whole age and ability range. A creative and motivated teacher, you will have a commitment to academic excellence through progressive teaching and learning styles. You will also have the drive and ambition to support our already exceptional RE Department to continue to thrive within the school, locally and nationally. St Bernard’s excellent leadership, programmes of support and development make this role suitable for current leaders or those aspiring to leadership.
We are looking for an Assistant Curriculum Leader who:
• Will inspire, motivate and challenge an already successful team
• Has the highest expectations of teaching and learning
• Is passionate about RE
• Is creative and can inspire in the classroom
• Has the desire and ability to help children of all abilities and backgrounds reach the highest levels of attainment and progress
• Is supportive of the school’s Catholic ethos
We will offer you:
• A wonderful, vibrant staff family
• A supportive and hard working RE department and leadership team
• An ongoing CPD programme, tailored to individual requirements
• A calm, well-disciplined learning environment
• The opportunity to contribute to School Direct
For an application pack please visit www.sbch.org.uk/menu/vacancies or contact Vivienne Smith, Clerk to Governors on 01709 828 183. Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs V Smith, St Bernard’s Catholic High School, Herringthorpe Valley Road, Rotherham, S65 3BE or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only completed Catholic Education Service application forms will be accepted.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is: Friday 15th January 2021 at 9.00am.
Interviews will be held on: Friday 22nd January 2021
NB if successful for interview, references will be required prior to this date.
Please note that school will be closed 19/12/20 until 04/01/21
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
St Bernard's Catholic High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years