At Thomas Bennett Community College we are currently looking for a Assistant Curriculum Leader of Science commencing in September 2021.
We are looking for a teacher who can:
• Ensure the vision for our students is shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all members of the department
• Demonstrate high expectations of students and staff, a commitment to professional learning and continuous development
• Support the Head of Department in ensuring high standards of provision which maximise the progress and achievement of all students
• Understand students’ starting points, barriers to learning and potential, plan for progression and provide intervention where needed
• Monitor and evaluate the learning of students within the department through observation, work scrutiny, discussion with students and data analysis to identify good practice and areas for further improvement
• Help to ensure that the faculty is proactive in responding to safeguarding, health and safety issues
As a senior subject teacher, the postholder would be expected to set high standards for their own classes and those within the department
Thomas Bennett Community College is part of The Kemnal Academy Trust, a MAT consisting of 45 schools across the south east. We can offer trust wide opportunities for career progression.
Additionally Thomas Bennett Community College can offer:
• A strong school ethos that is lived out in all aspects of school life and is summed up by our four core values: aspiration, respect, responsibility and resilience.
• Individually tailored programme of professional development to ensure you are successful and fulfilled in your current role and beyond.
• Opportunities to gain experience in different local schools in our trust.
Thomas Bennett Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years