The Buckingham School is bold, unique and strives for excellence in all that it does, which places students at the heart of the learning experience. Building character and skills, developing and valuing young people and giving them every opportunity to achieve the highest standards in their academic journey is fundamental to our vision.
The school was awarded a “Good” Ofsted Rating in 2016 and therefore seeks to appoint an ambitious, enthusiastic and highly motivated Assistant Curriculum Leader to provide a lead role within the Science Department.
Working alongside our Curriculum Leader, you will be an innovative and committed classroom practitioner with a real passion for teaching and learning who can teach at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 and will enrich our current committed team. This role is critical to the school’s continuing progress and comes at a truly exciting time, which will build upon our excellent trending student results.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent subject knowledge and a proven track record of raising achievement by promoting the use of Assessment for Learning techniques
- Clear scientific ability and skills to lead, engage, enthuse and challenge learners of all abilities
- The ability to work productively as part of a diverse team
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues in order that best practice and pedagogy is shared and consistent across the department
- The ability to create and maintain a positive learning ethos, quality assure and deliver outstanding curriculum plans and preparation to benefit the whole school
In return, we will offer you:
- A professional, supportive and dynamic Science Team
- A personalised approach to Continuing Professional Development
- A role in a school that has a clear vision
- A supportive and inclusive staff environment
Please download a vacancy pack from the school’s website www.buckinghamschool.com and send a letter of application identifying your suitability to Miss Angela Wells, Headteacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you are required to complete the application form in full and give two recent, relevant professional referees (one of which is your current Headteacher).
Closing Date: 12pm Friday 29th September 2017
Interview Date: Wednesday 4th October 2017
Interested applicants are welcome to visit the school by appointment in advance of the interview date. Please contact Mrs Zari Wilmot to arrange this 01280 812 206.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also committed in promoting community cohesion, healthy school and young enterprise.