The Buckingham School is bold, unique and strives for excellence in all that it does, which places students at the heart of the learning experience. Building character and skills, developing and valuing young people and giving them every opportunity to achieve the highest standards in their academic journey is fundamental to our vision.
The school was awarded a “Good” Ofsted Rating in 2016 and therefore seeks to appoint an ambitious, enthusiastic and highly motivated Assistant Curriculum Leader to provide a lead role within the Science Department.
Working alongside our Curriculum Leader, you will be an innovative and committed classroom practitioner with a real passion for teaching and learning, who can teach at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 and will enrich our current committed team.
You will have the skills and abilities to engage and enthuse different types of learners and to work productively as part of a diverse team. This role is critical to the school’s continuing progress and comes at a truly exciting time, which will build upon our excellent trending student results
You will ideally have:
- Excellent subject knowledge and proven track record of raising achievement by promoting the use of Assessment for Learning techniques
- Clear scientific ability and skills to lead, engage, enthuse and challenge learners of all abilities
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues in order that best practice and pedagogy is shared and consistent across the department
- The ability to create and maintain a positive learning ethos, quality assure and deliver outstanding curriculum plans and preparation to benefit whole school.
In return, we will offer you:
- A professional, supportive and dynamic Science Team
- A personalised approach to Continuing Professional Development
- A role in a school that has a clear vision
- A supportive and inclusive staff environment
To apply, please download a vacancy pack from www.buckinghamschool.com and return via email with a letter of application identifying your suitability to Miss Angela Wells, Headteacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you are required to complete the application form in full and give two recent, relevant professional referees (one of which is your current Headteacher).
Interested applicants are welcome to visit the school by appointment in advance of the interview date, please contact Mrs Zari Wilmot to arrange this on 01280 812 206.
Closing date: 12pm on Thursday, 16th November 2017.
Interview date: Monday, 20th November 2017.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also committed in promoting community cohesion, healthy school and young enterprise.