These are exciting times as we plan for the development of our multi academy trust and through school status. This role presents an opportunity to shape the growth and development of a brand new faculty within The Halifax Academy. Results in History and Geography are outstanding. The value added element of Progress 8 for Humanities in 2016 was 0.5. On average students achieve half a grade higher than those with the same starting positions nationwide.
We are looking for forward thinking, dynamic individuals who share our passion for ensuring that all of our students are enabled to make a positive contribution to society and to have the life chances they richly deserve. Successful candidates will be joining a vibrant learning community which also focusses very much on the aspirations of our colleagues by providing excellent CPD and leadership and career development opportunities.
You will be joining a good academy with a highly effective and supportive team, where innovation is encouraged and supported.
Being the founding member of the Impact Education Multi Academy Trust and the first 4-16 all-through school in Calderdale, we can offer excellent development opportunities for all of our staff. We currently have 1047 students learning within the academy, and this will grow to 1420 by 2020 when our primary phase is full.
We are a values driven organisation committed to living out our values of Heart, Mind and Communication and driven by our passion for all-through education and improving social mobility.
- are committed to ensuring that students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally
- are looking for a reflective learning community with a shared desire to work collaboratively and to share best practice
- are an inspirational teacher/leader who can build positive relationships with students to motivated them to achieve to their potential
- have a track record for raising achievement and developing innovative practice
In return we can offer:
- the opportunity to work as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our students
- a ‘coaching culture’ which is a key focus for CPD in the academy. Every member of our teaching staff is involved in our ‘Coaching for Excellence’ programme to focus on improving teaching and learning in all subjects. Staff are allocated 2 hours dedicated to trio coaching each week
- opportunities to lead and develop cross phase and multi academy trust wide.
- access to a teaching school alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities
- enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
- effective supportive and dynamic leadership
- opportunities to develop your career aspirations though externally accredited programmes
- an Investors In People Gold Academy
- Friday early finish at 12:45pm
- a vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging
Application forms and further details can be downloaded from the Academy’s website at www.thehalifaxacademy-secondary.org.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to The Halifax Academy no later than 9am on Monday 24th April.
No late applications will be accepted.
Gibbet Street, Halifax, HX2 0BA
Tel: 01422 301080
Headteacher (Secondary Phase) Mick Kay
Headteacher (Primary Phase) Lesley Bowyer
4 – 16 Academy N.O.R. 1047