Assistant Director of Sixth Form
TLR 2a (currently £6,646)
Starting September 2019
Permanent position – any teaching subject considered
A dynamic and charismatic Assistant Director is needed who will help lead a Sixth Form year group and develop their learning and progress, guiding their transition to Higher Education or chosen career.
Oversubscribed, mixed Comprehensive
- 1252 NOR, 202 in VI form
- Well motivated, high achieving students
- 89% 9-4 GCSE inc En & Ma
- 67% A*-B at A level
- Delivering outstanding CEIAG for all students and overseeing work experience.
- Managing the UCAS applications and process.
Assisting the Director of Sixth in:
- Ensuring the highest standards of attainment and progress for all students in the Sixth Form
- Tracking of student attainment and progress within the year groups and ensuring timely interventions as needed
- Management of student welfare issues; including behaviour and attendance
- Leading assemblies, prize-giving, information evenings and other key events
- Liaison with external agencies to support the well-being of students
- Leading a team of Form Tutors to ensure the best possible outcomes for students
- Supporting students on A level results day with H.E. places and prior planning of the results day
For full details and an application form visit our website. Specific information on Sixth Form performance is available on the Sixth Form section of our website. Any queries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 12.00 noon Friday 22nd March 2019
Tel: 01932 846162 www.heathside.surrey.sch.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. Applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check. Committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.