We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and well qualified teacher of ICT to become our Assistant Director of Teaching and Learning in Technology. The faculty includes Information Technology; Product Design; Textiles and Food Technology.
Whilst we work hard for the benefit of our students, we also value and recognise the contributions of our staff. You will be responsible for the delivery of areas of the curriculum and the staff teaching it for which you are responsible.
Ideally you will be experienced in teaching post 16 as the role will include teaching Applied ICT at KS4 and KS5. Currently we teach Btec at both.
ICT and Computing is a core experience at Key Stage 3 and ICT is a popular option at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5. Our ideal candidate will:
• have a passion for computing and will help us to respond to the challenges of developing the computing skills of our students. maintain and improve on provision, helping drive the faculty forward.
• Be a skilled practitioner who is dedicated to securing high levels of achievement for all our students through consistently outstanding teaching and learning across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
• Be innovative, effective and inspiring Teacher of ICT (and ideally computing).
• Be able to demonstrate previous success in teaching Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 to students of all abilities.
• Be passionate about providing every child with the support, tools and capacity to make outstanding progress in all lessons and in courses.
• Be creative, inventive and dedicated classroom practitioner with a real passion for the subject and able to create a stimulating learning environment for our students.
Foxford is an 11-18 vibrant, multi-cultural school which is known for its friendly and supportive ethos and its ambition to succeed. We have recently become part of Castle Phoenix Trust which specialises in leadership and was founded in February 2013, on the success of the Caludon Castle Teaching School.
Being part of a Multi Academy Trust, and its associated teaching school, facilitates an opportunity to further develop our strategies to continue to invest in and develop our staff and, most importantly, bring about the best possible outcomes for our students who deserve the very best.
The Trust has a strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, through its people strategy, and offers a range of benefits which include the local government pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, free parking and an employee discount scheme.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Visits and applications: The headteacher, Ruth Williamson, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book onto a visit.
Application packs are available to download on www.wmjobs.co.uk www.tes.co.uk or by email from Ali Wilkins, HR manager, email@example.com. Completed forms are returnable to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Application deadline: Wednesday, 22nd May 2019 at 9.00 am
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.