Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 and is part of the highly successful federation of Harris academies. Our 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the East Village complex, the academy serves the community newly established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham and Waltham Forest. In July 2015, Ofsted awarded Chobham Academy "Outstanding" across every category in its first inspection.
We are looking for a skilled Assistant Facilities Manager to join our premises team at Chobham Academy.
You will assist the Facilities Manager in ensuring the effective management, organisation and supervision of all matters relating to, and all staff involved with, the academy premises, and deputise for the Facilities Manager in his absence.
What we are looking for:
- Basic training in one or more of the following: plumbing, general and ground maintenance, electrical/building maintenance, heating systems (or sound experience of same), and considerable DIY experience
- At least two years' experience of working in an inner-city school or educational establishment with children and young people
- Experience of managing a team of premises staff
- The ability to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis, and to deal with emergencies occurring outside normal working hours
- Good communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
Why work at Chobham Academy?
- World-class facilities for learning, leisure and sport, creating a dynamic centre of learning and the hub of the local community
- An all-through academy, providing unique opportunities for nurturing and developing excellence throughout the local community
- Inclusive model of learning, with an ethos based upon aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For more information, please contact the academy on 0203 747 6060.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.