Assistant Faculty Leader for RE.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive catholic college, based in Huddersfield. The school is looking to add a second in charge of RE to its progressive and supportive Humanities Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include coordinating and co-managing the delivery of RE at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of RE to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Assistant Faculty Leader of RE who is inspirational in the classroom and will make a substantial contribution to the further development of this ‘good’ school in 2021.
The successful candidate will have the qualities to motivate and inspire our students, as we seek to always bring out the best in them. You will be required to teach both at KS3 and KS4 and will have strong classroom management skills, excellent subject knowledge, the ability to lead a Key Stage and achieve the best possible outcomes for our students. The ability to monitor and track the progress of year groups through data is essential, as is the ability to work effectively as assistant leader of the RE team.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant RE / Theology Degree or a related subject
• experience delivering RE up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department to enhance overall results at departmental level
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1427607 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1427607 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...